As someone who’s captured many sessions with babies behind the camera, I’ve got some tips to help you through photo sessions together.
- Timing is Key: Schedule your session when your baby is usually at their happiest – after a nap and a good feed. A well-rested and full baby is more likely to cooperate and more likely to make the overall session less stressful for you.
- Keep it Comfy: Babies are sensitive to their surroundings, so if possible, we want the temperature to be comfortable to help keep your little one content.
- Plan for Pit Stops: Babies have short attention spans, so plan for breaks during the session to feed, change diapers, or just cuddle and soothe your little one. These breaks are essential for your baby’s well-being and your sanity.
- Embrace the Unpredictable: Babies are unpredictable, and that’s part of the fun. Embrace the unpredictability and go with the flow. Some of the most special photos happen when your baby does something unexpected.
- Stay Flexible: Your baby’s mood can change in an instant, so be prepared to roll with it. Don’t stress if things don’t go according to plan. Sometimes the unplanned moments make for the best photos.
- Have Fun with it: Yes, photo sessions can be a bit chaotic, but they’re also an opportunity to create memories. Don’t forget to have fun and enjoy the process. Your baby can sense your energy, so if you’re relaxed and having a good time, we have more chance they will follow suit!
VIRGINIA FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHER
For details on booking your family photography session, please visit my contact page!
And to stay connected, follow Wolfcrest Photography on Instagram.